Kjellerup was founded in 1859, when the road between Silkeborg and Viborg was built. “Kjel” is an old word for “spring” and “rup” means “hilltop”. Kjellerup lies 17 km north of Silkeborg and has approximately 14,000 inhabitants. The town is built around an old marketplace on Torvet (the town square) and the old courthouse from 1903. Local attractions include Blicheregnens Museum, Søndergaards Have garden and Hørup church, located in the north-eastern part of Kjellerup.
Last updated byVisitSilkeborg firstname.lastname@example.org
City / Area
CoordinatesLongtitude : 9.4300817512
Latitude : 56.288406518