Ry Church

Ry Church was built in 1909. It was designed by S.F. Kyhnel, and consists of choir, nave and tower.

Between choir and nave there are three arcades on granite pillars. The altarpiece was painted by Poul Steffensen. The font of steatite from 1909 was donated by Groenholt Church.

The painter Poul Steffensen is buried at the churchyard, and on his grave is a monument with a portrait medallion made by the sculptor Elias Oelsgaard.

For further information regarding church services go to the church's own website: www.rykirke.dk

Last updated by

Destination Skanderborg info@visitskanderborg.com



Skanderborgvej 51
8680 Ry


+45 86891395


  • City / Area

    • Gudenå
    • Ry
    • Skanderborg
  • Museums, Galleries and crafts

    • access by appointment only

Find routes

Find a route to this destination



  • Coordinates

    Longitude : 9.7659650000
    Latitude : 56.091084