Thorvaldsen's Museum

Danish sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen (1770-1844) spent more than 40 years in Rome and was one of the most renowned artists among his contemporaries in Europe. In 1838, he donated his large art collection to his native city Copenhagen.

The conspicuous and colourful museum building was erected from 1839-1848 by the Danish Architect M.B. Bindesbøll and is one of the finest buildings in Copenhagen, located right next to the parliament building and the canal.

Thorvaldsens Museum primarily contains Thorvaldsen's own sculptures but the museum also contains Thorvaldsen's large collection of paintings made by contemporary European and Danish artists, and his collection of antiques.

Last updated by

Wonderful Copenhagen redaktion@woco.dk
 

Contato

Endereço

Bertel Thorvaldsens Plads 2
1213 København K

Phone

+45 3332 1532

Fax

+45 3332 1771

Facilities

  • Discount

    • Copenhagen Card - free

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

De

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longitude : 12.5779982
    Latitude : 55.6763387

Share this page